Check the character of whosoever you what to marry because the character is very important for a successful home.
No one wants to live with someone with a bad attitude toward life because your character decides the fate of your marriage. When a union between people of bad characters is effected, matrimony is turned into ‘matri-agony’, and a banqueting house is turned into a boxing ring.
Don’t be carried away by love, don’t be blindfolded by infatuation. Open your eyes widely and check character. If you marry for charisma, you will definitely regret it because you have to live with it. If you marry for MONEY, you will live with MOURNINGS.
Generally, we have three kinds of flaws in people. You need to understand them and know which one should lead to the end of any relationship when you see it. These are 3 things you need to know about character before wedding:
- Shallow Character Flaws. These character flaws are not life-threatening, so there is no need to break your relationship if you love the person. Nobody is perfect, you can overlook the following:
- The way he or she chews food.
- Snores, yawn loudly.
- Dragging feet when walking.
- Slowness, dirtiness, lousiness
- Lack of table manners.
- Laughing too loudly.
- Not organized.
- Lack of good dress sense
- Putting socks inside shoes, smelly shoes.
- Gnashing of teeth when sleeping, etc.
You can talk about these in love before the wedding and both of you should be committed to changing any shallow character flaws.
- Deep Character Flaws. When you see deep character flaws in your spouse, the choice is yours to continue with the relationship or not. Deep character flaws involve:
- Lack of vision
- Love of food
- Not caring
- Inability to cook
- Much attachment to parents or siblings
- Lack of hospitality
- Lack of openness
- Hot and cold spiritual life
- Extravagant, etc.
All these are character flaws that are deep and would easily affect your marriage if not dealt with. While I will not advise you to break a relationship because of shallow character flaws, I will ask you to think deeply if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who has deep character flaws.
- Fundamental Character Flaws. When you discover fundamental character flaws in your mate, I will advise you to break that relationship because they are too fundamental to be ignored. Some of them are:
- Love of money
- Occultism, Idolatry, witchcraft
- Uncontrollable anger
- Drug abuse
- Refusal to work (Laziness)
- Hatred, murder
- Night crawling, fornication
- Malice, wrath, arm robbery, unforgiveness,
- Pornography, lesbianism, homosexualism (sodomy), etc.
- Don’t ignore any of these. Take to your heels, there is fire on the mountain; run, run, run.
Post written by Pastor Bisi Adewale. www.bisiadewale.com