This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8.
The word of God is powerful; it carries weight, divine instructions, revelation and direction. It makes the pathway of the righteous to shine like the early morning sun. Imagine a car without the steering, it just keep moving with no direction, even when it sees danger along the way, it can neither turn to the left nor to the right.
As a believer, the word of God is our number one weapon in our daily walk in Christ, is a spiritual tool, it’s the sword of the spirit? If you want to see the glorious light of God to shine in your life, you need to take the word of God very serious.
As a believer, we must be hungry for the word; we must be tasty for it, we must make it an everyday dose because it contains the divine direction and all the healing power for our lives. Psalm 119:105 says Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Whenever we read the bible, there is someone is always afraid, do you know who that person is, the devil. He doesn’t want you to ever open the bible let alone reading or even to meditate on it, because he knows that you are about to discover and unlock the truth that’s has been hidden from you for long, so he keeps taking your mind away from it, giving you a meaningless busy and tight schedule so that you can’t have time to study the word, but if you never give in to his useless tricks, you will definitely live a victorious life through the word of God.
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12.
We must never joke with our bible; we must take it serious if we are really determined to live a victorious life. We must feed on it with it every day and we must not only read and meditate on it but also do whatever that is written in it.
Joshua 1:8 says “this book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success”.
We’ll have good success in all areas of life when we meditate on the word of God also apply it in our everyday life.
Psalm 119 says Psalms 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (See Psalm 119:97-104)
When we don’t study the word, there are many things we are depriving ourselves of; some of them are:
- The promise of God for our lives. If we don’t know the promise of God for our lives, we get robbed so heavily with many things, it is only when we know the promise of God for our lives, then we can begin to stand on the promise and claim it with faith. And our God never fails, whatever he promised, he will surely do it. So you have to claim your it with faith.
- The truth. If you don’t study our bible, it will be hard for you to know the truth. Because after your salvation, your personal race has begun, you must desire to grow spiritually. And one of the ways you can grow spiritually is by studying the word, when you study the word; you unlock so many things which you never knew before.If you don’t know the truth, everything will look like the truth to you, but when you know the truth, the truth that you know will set you free. John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- The Plan and Purpose of God. When you study the bible, you will discover so many things, one of them is the plan and purpose of God for your life. Your spiritual eyes will begin to open and you will start seeing yourself the way God is seeing you. But if you don’t know the word, you are only pursuing your own self-will and purpose.
- Divine Direction. When our bible is far from us, we lack divine direction. Because we can’t discern when God is speaking. And anybody who doesn’t know where is going to, everywhere looks like his destination.
- Faith. When you don’t study the bible, your faith begins to sink. Because going to church and hearing sermon alone will not only do the magic, though it will put you along because the word says in Romans 10:17 that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But you have to see the God kind of faith itself in the word for your faith to be strong enough to move mountains.
Beloveth, when you don’t study the bible, you are doing yourself more harm than good, so do yourself good by taking serious time to study, meditate and act according to what’s written on it. Eat it, drink it, swallow it and digest it, I assured you that you are on your way to a glorious and a victorious life. Stay blessed.